Studio Molen is looking for a talented junior 3D designer with strong digital and creative skills.
Free hand sketches, detailed technical drawings and 3D renderings are the foundation for the objects that are made in our workshop. These drawings and renderings have to be technically accurate as they serve as the basis for creating the physical counterpart, but also have to be visually attractive as they are used for client presentations.
We are looking for someone to match the above: who has technical know-how, understands what comes ‘after the drawing’, and is able to make an accurate and readable drawing with great eye for detail. At the same time, we need you to be able to create attractive visualisations and have an imaginative and aesthetic approach.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- You will assist the senior designer in realizing the designs.
- You will translate project briefings into strong concepts and visuals
- You will provide detailed 2D & 3D drawings and specifications
- You will carry out research for specific projects and manage suppliers and subcontractors
- You are able to produce modelling parts, create moulds and build 1:1 mock-ups
- You will make digital work presentations for clients and commissioners
- You will manage your own workload
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Design or similar education.
- Experience in working on interior or product design projects is desirable
- Strong skills in: free hand sketching and 3D modelling (Adobe Suite, Rhino, SolidWorks and/or similar programs)
- Capable of making and reading technical drawings for production
- Conceptual and aesthetic approach to styling, colours and material
- You are not limited by traditional thinking or presupposed technical restrictions
- Reliable with customer contacts
- Flexible and fast but with attention for detail
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English
- Available full-time
- Living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate (preferably in Amsterdam area)
- Possession of valid driver’s license is desirable
Are you a talented 3D designer with strong technical skills and a creative mind-set? And do you feel inspired and challenged to contribute to the spirit and ambition of Studio Molen? Then we would love to receive your application.
Please send your motivation letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com.
No download link please.
If your entry has potential, we will contact you with further steps.